2013 REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Sunday, April 21, 2013
- 2013 PHOTOS POSTED!! MORE COMING SOON!
- Click Here to see the 2012 photos.
- Click Here to see the 2011 photos.
- Photos from our 2010 and 2009 events.
2012 Brings Record High Participation
The year 2012 was the 5th annual Yellow Jacket Challenge. It brought record high turnouts with a total of 534 entries. There were 383 finishers in the 5K run and 151 walkers in the one mile trek. These numbers top last year by 100 participants. The young fun runs saw well over 100 little ones who enjoyed ¼ mile, ½ mile, and one mile distances.
In my second year as race director, I continue to be amazed and impressed by the number of people that are dedicated to this event. There are over 125 people, both students and adults, on hand to take care of every detail. We receive many compliments from about the organization of this event. This would absolutely not happen without the volunteers that do the work, weeks ahead of time and on the day of the event.
On the same note, an event of this magnitude is never possible without the tremendous support of the sponsors and community partners that give so freely of their time, talent, and financial resources to make it come together. There are more than 30 sponsors and community partners involved in this event. I extend my sincere appreciate to them for the commitment to this event.
On behalf of the Education Foundation of Greenville and Greenville Public Schools, I extend my sincere thanks to the sponsors, community partners, and participants who support the Yellow Jacket Challenge. It is an honor to work with them and serve as their race director.
Thank you all for making the Yellow Jacket Challenge such a success! Your participation and support is greatly appreciated.
Please mark your calendars for the 6th annual Yellow Jacket Challenge on Sunday, April 21, 2013.
Online registration is now Closed.
Sunday, April 21, 2013
Greenville High School Yellow Jacket Stadium
111 North Hillcrest Greenville, Michigan 48838
Race day registration – 12:30 until 1:45 p.m.
5K Run & 1 Mile Walk – 2:00 p.m.
Fun Runs, Refreshments and Awards to follow.
Don’t get stung by an unhealthy lifestyle…
CHOOSE YOUR CHALLENGE TODAY!
The Yellow Jacket Challenge! - Online Registration - Closed
Registrants can request a copy of their signmeup.com confirmation HERE
OR, you may download and mail your official race entry by clicking
One entrant per form.
- 5K Run - $20
- Walkers - $10
Race day registration:
- 5K Run - $25
- Walkers - $10
Children ages 5th grade and younger may walk for FREE, but t-shirts are included only with paid registrations.
Young Yellow Jacket Fun Runs do not require registration and are FREE.
- Family-friendly Sunday afternoon activity!
- USATF certified 5K course.
- Bulging Goodie Bags!
- Colorfully awesome short-sleeved t-shirts for runners and walkers.
- 1 water station & portable toilets on 5K route.
- Post race refreshments feature healthy snacks.
- Live entertainment!
- Corporate Challenge!
- Awards assembly slideshow.
This event has been reviewed for the physical activity content and has been endorsed by the Governor's Council on Physical Fitness, Health and Sports. This does not reflect endorsement of the sponsoring organization or the products used.
The 5K course is USATF certified. It is mostly flat and consistently receives rave reviews. Starting outside the stadium, you will run along the scenic Fred Meijer Flat River Trail and residential neighborhoods. Finish on the track inside the stadium in front of your cheering family and friends.
The 1 Mile walk begins behind the 5K runners, outside of Yellow Jacket Stadium. You will stroll along the Fred Meijer Flat River Trail and residential neighborhoods. Finish in the Greenville High School parking lot.
The Young Yellow Jacket Fun Runs will occur following the 5K Run. Children ages 5th grade and younger may choose to run 1 mile, ½ mile, or 50 yard dash. The events take place at centerfield of Yellow Jacket Stadium, led by the school district’s Physical Education instructors. All participants earn a finisher’s ribbon. Local mascots & law enforcement cheer for the children!Playmakers and eventually on this page.
- 2013 Race Results
- 2012 Race Results
- 2011 Race Results
- 2010 Race Results
- 2009 Race Results
- 2008 Race Results
An awards assembly will follow the Fun Runs in the Greenville High School Auditorium. Trophies and medals will be awarded to male/female for the 5K Run in the following age categories: Overall, Masters (Age 40 & older), and 1st, 2nd & 3rd places in 14 and younger, 15-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-69, 70 & older.
5K Course RecordsMale:
- Overall = Bill Peterson, 15:52.9
- Master’s = Marshall Randall, 17:47.7
- 14 & under = Alexander Myers, 19:22.8
- 15 – 18 = Kyle Reamer, 20:20.2
- 19 – 24 = Craig Stevenson, 16:59.5
- 25 – 29 = TJ Curry, 18:42.5
- 30 – 34 = Brian Steinberg, 18:21.4
- 35 – 39 = David Jordon, 17:22.2
- 40 – 44 = Modesto Castillo, 19:52.5*
- 45 – 49 = Dan Gibson, 19:18.9
- 50 – 54 = Brian Finn, 19:46.7
- 55 – 59 = Dale Moody, 20:17.7
- 60 - 69 = Matt Britton, 22:33.0
- 70 & Up = Paul Greshaw, 27:40.0*
- Overall = Leah Elenbaas, 18:34.1
- Master’s = Caroline Cook, 21:52.7
- 14 & under = Morgan Posthuma, 21:52.9
- 15 – 18 = Serena Reamer, 21:15.8
- 19 – 24 = Tiffany Ohman, 22:19.1
- 25 – 29 = Rondi Fillwock, 21:44.4
- 30 – 34 = Lisa Harding, 20:36.4
- 35 – 39 = Laura Austin, 20:00.8
- 40 – 44 = Amy Harris, 25:29.3*
- 45 – 49 = Christine Winter, 23:30.8
- 50 – 54 = Caroline Cook, 22:28.5*
- 55 – 59 = Cindy Bromley, 26:30.1
- 60 - 69 = Joan Ludtke, 26:54.8
Get your business involved!For information on our Corporate Challenge,
click HERE to download a PDF, or contact us with the links below.
- E-mail: YJCInfo@greenville.k12.mi.us
- Mailing address:
- Race Director – Penny Dora
- Greenville Public Schools
- 1414 W. Chase Road
- Greenville, Michigan 48838
- Phone: (616)754-3686
In case of threatening weather: The YJC may be delayed or canceled if any of the following weather conditions exist: Tornado Warning, Tornado Watch, Thunderstorm, or Heavy Rain. If threatening weather forces cancellation of the event, no refunds will be provided, since funds were already spent in preparation for Race Day. T-shirts will be distributed.