SUNDAY, APRIL19 2015
ONLINE REGISTRATION OPENING SOON!!
The Yellow Jacket Challenge - Online Registration is CLOSED
A new course record was set in 2013 by Amanda Ringleka, age 41, for the Female Master’s finish with a time of 21:48.0.
This record was previously held by Caroline Cook with a time of 21:52.7 set in 2009.
- Click Here to see the 2013 photos.
- Click Here to see the 2012 photos.
- Click Here to see the 2011 photos.
- Photos from our 2010 and 2009 events.
Thank you all for making the Yellow Jacket Challenge such a success! Your participation and support is greatly appreciated.
Please mark your calendars for the 8th annual Yellow Jacket Challenge on Sunday, April 19, 2015
Online registration is now CLOSED.
Sunday, April 19, 2015
Greenville High School Yellow Jacket Stadium
111 North Hillcrest Grenville, Michigan 48838
Race day registration – 12:30 until 1:45 p.m.
5K Run & 1 Mile Walk – 2:00 p.m.
Fun Runs, Refreshments and Awards to follow.
Don’t get stung by an unhealthy lifestyle…
CHOOSE YOUR CHALLENGE TODAY!
The Yellow Jacket Challenge! - Online Registration -CLOSED
The Yellow Jacket Challenge - Online Registration
OR, you may download and mail your official race entry by clicking
One entrant per form.
- 5K Run - $20
- Walkers - $10
Race day registration:
- 5K Run - $25
- Walkers - $10
Children ages 5th grade and younger may walk for FREE, but t-shirts are included only with paid registrations.
Young Yellow Jacket Fun Runs do not require registration and are FREE.
- Family-friendly Sunday afternoon activity!
- USATF certified 5K course.
- Bulging Goodie Bags!
- Colorfully awesome short-sleeved t-shirts for runners and walkers.
- 1 water station & portable toilets on 5K route.
- Post race refreshments feature healthy snacks.
- Live entertainment!
- Corporate Challenge!
- Awards assembly slideshow.
This event has been reviewed for the physical activity content and has been endorsed by the Governor's Council on Physical Fitness, Health and Sports. This does not reflect endorsement of the sponsoring organization or the products used.
The Yellow Jacket Challenge includes a 5K Run, 1 Mile Walk, and Young Yellow Jacket Fun Runs
The 5K course is USATF certified. It is mostly flat and consistently receives rave reviews. Starting outside the stadium, you will run along the scenic Fred Meijer Flat River Trail and residential neighborhoods. Finish on Legacy Field, inside the stadium, in front of your cheering family and friends.
The 1 Mile walk begins behind the 5K runners. You will stroll along the Fred Meijer Flat River Trail and residential neighborhoods. Finish in the Greenville High School parking lot.
The Young Yellow Jacket Fun Runs will occur following the 5K Run. Children ages 5th grade and younger may choose to run 1 mile, ½ mile, or 50 yard dash. The events take place at centerfield of Yellow Jacket Stadium, led by the school district’s Physical Education instructors. All participants earn a finisher’s ribbon. Local mascots & law enforcement cheer for the children!Playmakers and eventually on this page.
- 2013 Race Results
- 2012 Race Results
- 2011 Race Results
- 2010 Race Results
- 2009 Race Results
- 2008 Race Results
An awards assembly will follow the Fun Runs. Trophies and medals will be awarded to male/female for the 5K Run in the following age categories: Overall, Masters (Age 40 & older), and 1st, 2nd & 3rd places in 14 and younger, 15-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-69, 70 & older.
5K Course RecordsMale:
- Overall = Bill Peterson, 15:52.9
- Master’s = Marshall Randall, 17:47.7
- 14 & under = Alexander Myers, 19:22.8
- 15 – 18 = Kyle Reamer, 20:20.2
- 19 – 24 = Craig Stevenson, 16:59.5
- 25 – 29 = TJ Curry, 18:42.5
- 30 – 34 = Brian Steinberg, 18:21.4
- 35 – 39 = David Jordon, 17:22.2
- 40 – 44 = Modesto Castillo, 19:52.5*
- 45 – 49 = Dan Gibson, 19:18.9
- 50 – 54 = Brian Finn, 19:46.7
- 55 – 59 = Dale Moody, 20:17.7
- 60 - 69 = Matt Britton, 22:33.0
- 70 & Up = Paul Greshaw, 27:40.0*
- Overall = Leah Elenbaas, 18:34.1
- Master’s = Amanda Ringleka, 21:48.0 (Set in 2013)
- 14 & under = Morgan Posthuma, 21:52.9
- 15 – 18 = Serena Reamer, 21:15.8
- 19 – 24 = Tiffany Ohman, 22:19.1
- 25 – 29 = Rondi Fillwock, 21:44.4
- 30 – 34 = Lisa Harding, 20:36.4
- 35 – 39 = Laura Austin, 20:00.8
- 40 – 44 = Monica Bellinger, 23:21:0 (Set in 2013)
- 45 – 49 = Christine Winter, 23:30.8
- 50 – 54 = Caroline Cook, 22:03:2 (Set in 2013)
- 55 – 59 = Cindy Bromley, 26:30.1
- 60 - 69 = Joan Ludtke, 26:54.8
Get your business involved!For information on our Corporate Challenge,
click HERE to download a PDF, or contact us with the links below.
- E-mail: YJCInfo@greenville.k12.mi.us
- Mailing address:
- Race Director – Penny Dora
- Greenville Public Schools
- 1414 W. Chase Road
- Greenville, Michigan 48838
- Phone: (616)754-3686
In case of threatening weather: The YJC may be delayed or canceled if any of the following weather conditions exist: Tornado Warning, Tornado Watch, Thunderstorm, or Heavy Rain. If threatening weather forces cancellation of the event, no refunds will be provided, since funds were already spent in preparation for Race Day. T-shirts will be distributed.